Big Brother and Braniac star Jon Tickle to open Norfolk school’s fete
Former Big Brother star Jon Tickle will open Brundall Primary School's annual fete this month.
This year's fete takes the form of a 'Discovery Fayre', allowing children and adults alike to explore science, nature, art and sport.
Taking place at the school on Saturday, September 17, between midday and 4pm, the event aims to inspire new skills and develop new hobbies.
There will be the usual traditional games, barbecue, raffle, and craft stalls, as well as drama and drumming workshops, opportunities to explore the wildlife of the Broads by pond-dipping and a 'Brundall's Got Talent' competition.
Mr Tickle, also famous for his TV role on Brainiac, will open the fete at midday, which is being held to raise funds for the development of a cookery room and the refurbishment of the school's practical area.
You may also want to watch:
Siwsan Jones, chair of Friends of Brundall School, the school's parent-teacher association, said: 'Our annual fete is always a great fundraiser for the school, enabling us to buy resources that we would otherwise be unable to purchase.
'This year we are confident that the Discovery Fayre will intrigue and entertain young and old alike.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 10 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre