“Big, bold and beautiful” - Dipple and Conway Hair and Makeup Show adds drama to Norwich Fashion Week 2017
- Credit: Archant
Friday, March 10 saw things take a dramatic turn at Norwich Fashion Week 2017 as the Dipple and Conway Hair and Makeup Show stormed the runway.
The beauty extravaganza opened with a captivating performance of a Puccini aria by local soprano Emma Nuule and the theatrics didn't stop there, as models glided up and down the runway in beautiful costumes created by Maddermarket Theatre's Amanda Harrold.
A collaboration between hair stylists and makeup artists, the show featured work by students from Lowestoft College, Millie Rose, The Cottage, Keri Anema and the Norwich School of Beauty, among others.
All eyes were on the big, bold and beautiful work of these creatives who didn't fail to impress, with more colour and glitter appearing on heads and faces than many thought possible.
Highlights also included incredible body art by the world-renowned artists from Paintopia, who showcased 12 different body paints during the show and Dipple and Conway also presented a glamorous selection of eye wear.
You may also want to watch:
The Hair and Makeup Show was the second catwalk show of the week, three more are set to take place over the next week, including The Vintage Show on March 12 and Fashion Excess which will feature live music performances and is set to close out the event in style on March 17.
• Join the Fash Pack at the next catwalk show. Tickets for shows are available from the OPEN Norwich box office by calling 01603 763111 or visit
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families