Beware dangerous hats, warn trading standards officers
- Credit: Archant
Parents in Norfolk are being warned about potentially dangerous children's hats which could be on sale from shops, markets and car boot sales.
The hats are counterfeit versions of hats featuring characters such as Hello Kitty, Sponge Bob and Minions.
Trading standards officers have warned the hats could be dangerous as they fastened under the chin – and safety tests have found that they do not release if the hat gets caught, forming a noose which will not break.
The hats have been made abroad and typically sell for between £5 and £10.
Norfolk County Council's trading standards department has urged businesses with the hats in stock to remove them from sale immediately and contact them.
You may also want to watch:
The public has also been asked to call trading standards if they see shops or market stalls selling the hats.
Call trading standards on 0344 800 8020 or email email@example.com
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault