Beth Orton announced as judge for Next Big Thing
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2006
A wealth of talent will join the judges to pick the Next Big Thing on March 5 as songstress Beth Orton has signed up to the panel.
Originally from Dereham, Ms Orton has dominated the 'folktronica' genre since early collaborations with bands including the Chemical Brothers in the early 1990s.
Her debut LP Trailer Park was followed with Central Reservation, which brought international acclaim and a Brit award for Best British Female.
'I'm incredibly excited to be asked to come on board as part of the judging team for the Next Big Thing,' she said.
'I can't wait to see all the new and extraordinary talent that Norfolk and Suffolk has a knack of producing.'
Kate Roma, co-ordinator of Next Big Thing 2016, added: 'This is the eighth year Future Radio has run this competition and its always attracted really talented local acts.
'This year however, the bar seems to have been set even higher. To have Beth Orton on the judging panel is an absolute honour; the finalists are sure to raise their game.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
Tickets cost £5 in advance and are available from OPENnorwich.org.uk, seetickets.com and Eventbrite
Doors open at 7pm.