Best year yet for Caister couple’s Christmas collection
- Credit: Submitted by Jonathan Beck
A kind-spirited Caister couple have continued their Christmas tradition of collecting toys for children.
For the past seven years, Jonathan and Stacy Beck of Miriam Close have gathered gifts over the festive period, which they have then donated to Banardos, and this year has been their best haul yet.
The pair, both Kleeneze catalogue representatives collected 221 toys all together, with a grand total of £2,264 in value. Last year, the couple raised £1,564, meaning they bettered their total by exactly £700.
Mr Beck, 43, said: 'In the seven years we have been doing this our average has been around £1,500, so this year has definitely been a bumper collection.
'It just goes to show hour generous our customers are. People really feel a part of it - as soon as our Christmas catalogue comes out people ask about when we're going to be doing the collection.'
You may also want to watch:
The total also means that since they started the collection, they're raised more than £12,000.
Mr Beck took his haul to the Banardos donation centre in Colchester, along with colleagues from Norwich, Mark Copland and Michael Moseley, who themselves raised around £800 of gifts.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
Mr Beck added: 'A massive thank you to everybody who contributed, both this year and in years gone by, No matter how big or small your donations were, they all made a difference.'