‘Best year to date’ for Swanton Morley’s annual tractor rally
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds turned out to a village's annual tractor rally to see parades of classic cars and a big line-up of tractors and farming vehicles.
The Swanton Morley Tractor and Bygone Rally was held at the village hall and included a huge range of attractions.
A cavalcade of vintage machines took a tour of local roads and even stopped at the Mermaid in Elsing for a much-needed drink.
Committee member Tina Potter said: 'We had an amazing weekend with hundreds of people attending each day. We had Big Andy Clarke from Big Andy's gym in Dereham showing off his skills along with some of his friends.
'Sarah Probert sang some 1940s music in the main ring whilst we had the land army girls display. This was along with our usual classic car and tractor displays.
'We had lots of indoor and outdoor stalls also Gray's funfair provided us with rides and games. This was definitely our best year to date.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge