Best GCSE results ever at Swaffham’s Hamonds High School
Celebrations are underway at Swaffham's Hamond's High School today after students achieve the best ever GCSE results.
A total of 64pc of students got five or more A*-C grades - five pc up on last year.
The number getting five or more A*-C in all subjects was 41pc - two pc up on 2011.
Headteacher Stuart Bailey said: 'What we were desperate to achieve here was a foundation for the academy. These are the best results we have ever had despite the national trend going down, and that's an achievement.' –
He added that English GCSE results were 5pc below predictions.
You may also want to watch:
'There are less kids here getting their grade than we thought. We have seen their work and we have graded it at a certain standard and we know what they should be getting and all of a sudden the goal posts were moved and that does not seem fair, but we gave still made improvements.'
Meanwhile, at the Sacred Heart Convent School in Swaffham, there was a big drop in the pass rate.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
Headteacher Sister Francis Ridley said: 'They are the expected results for this very small cohort of pupils and obviously we are very disappointed about the ICT results that we were not able to get to pupils because of technical difficulties.'
KEY TO FIGURES:
*The first figure is the percentage of
students who gained five or more A*-C
GCSEs, including English and maths,
with previous years in brackets
*The second figure is the percentage
of students who gained five or more
A*-C GCSEs in any subjects, with
previous years in brackets.
*The third figure is the percentage of students
achieving the English Baccalaureate – A* - C in
English, maths, double science, history or geography,
and a modern foreign language.
SWAFFHAM HAMONDS HIGH
41pc (39) (38) (38) (38) (38) (35)
64pc (59) (47) (52) (47) (50)
SACRED HEART CONVENT SCHOOL, SWAFFHAM
50pc (72) (86) (83) (69) (67) (82)
50pc (88) (100) (94) (100) (83) (100)