Benjamin Foundation youth clubs in North Walsham and Worstead, and Kickz project open doors to new members
Four youth clubs in the North Walsham area are opening their doors to new members.
Barbecues, cookery, arts and crafts, sports, games, using computers, playing the Xbox and socialising are among a range of cheap or free activities on offer to 11 to 16-year-olds at three clubs run by The Benjamin Foundation at:
? Worstead Village Hall; Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, 50p entry.
? Carpenters Arms, 18 Market Street, North Walsham; Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, 50p entry.
? The Atrium, beside North Walsham High School; Thursdays 5.30pm to 7pm, free entry.
Trained youth workers are on hand to offer support and guidance with problems such as bullying, stress caused by exams, or difficulties at home.
And the popular Kickz football and sports sessions at North Walsham Sports Centre, run by the Community Sports Foundation, are open to young people aged 13 to 19. North Walsham Kickz has some 500 young people on its books.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
Sessions take place on Monday (but not June 4), Friday and Saturday evenings from 6pm to 8pm and are free.
Participants can play in football matches and other sports, and also have the chance to represent Norwich City Football Club Kickz in a competition involving all 45 national Kickz clubs.
Sharon Matthews, director of operations for children and young persons' services with the foundation, said: 'The Benjamin Foundation is all about providing affordable activities which help children and young people socialise, boost their confidence and skills as well as having fun in their free time. For all of our youth clubs, there is no need to book ahead, young people can just turn up and give it a go.'
For more information about foundation youth clubs contact Marian Mehl on 07825 130 138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out about North Walsham Kickz, contact email@example.com.