Bells to ring for three hours in Southwold
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A peal of bells will ring out for three hours over Southwold tomorrow in honour of St Edmund.
More than 5,000 different changes will be rung at St Edmund's Church to celebrate the saint's day, which was on Wednesday, November 20.
The bell ringing will start at 9.30am and continue for three hours.
Ringing master Helen Price said tomorrow was the nearest date to St Edmund's Day that a band of bell ringers could be got together to attempt the peal.
She added: 'Local people wonder why the bells are ringing for so long. Most enjoy it but a few shut their windows.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR