Bell ringers needed to help at village sign unveiling in Walpole St Andrew, near Wisbech
An urgent plea has been made for a team of bell ringers to come forward to help celebrate the unveiling of a new village sign in the Fens.
The mystery sign will be unveiled in Walpole St Andrew on Monday afternoon to commemorate the popular steam engine rally once held in the village.
But John Smith, chairman of the rally committee, said: 'I am having difficulty in raising a team of bell ringers to ring the bells of Walpole St Andrew Parish Church to celebrate the unveiling of the village sign.
'We plan to unveil the magnificent new village sign at 2pm and are hoping the bells of the now closed St Andrew's Church could be rung for about half an hour beforehand.'
A service of thanksgiving will follow the unveiling at 2.20pm with drinks and refreshments served.
Can you help - e-mail David Blackmore, using the link under his story by-line, or message him on Twitter.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK