Beetley schoolgirl following in footsteps of Daisy Ridley and Lily James
- Credit: Archant
A Beetley schoolgirl will be following in the footsteps of international stars Lily James and Daisy Ridley when she performs in a dance show in London, as part of a prestigious performing arts school.
Daisy Brook, 10, who attends the Tring Park school, will be taking to the stage at the Shaw Theatre with fellow students to perform Brief Encounters.
Inspired by the 1945 film of the same name, which was set in an idyllic country railway station before the Second World War, the show follow the lives of townsfolk through three decades, exploring love and laughter, conflict and coronations, film stars and fantasies all through the medium of dance.
Daisy has been at Tring Park School since September, but prior to that, she attended Beeston Primary School and the Dance with Me Academy in Dereham.
Her mother Kirsty said: 'Kirsty has been passionate about dance for as long as I can remember.
You may also want to watch:
'In fact, she researched and came up with the idea of a dance school entirely on her own. She adores being at Tring Park and is really grateful for the opportunities she has been given and realises how fortunate she is.'
Tring Park School for the Performing Arts has its roots in dance and is world famous for its dance credentials, having produced many a professional dance star and choreographer.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 8 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
Its young dance students perform in West End ballet productions with the English National Ballet at the London Coliseum.
The school boasts a glittering alumni, which includes Lily James, (Disney's Cinderella, Downton Abbey and War and Peace), and Daisy Ridley (Star Wars: The Force Awakens). Daisy attended Tring Park from the age of 11 to 19. Other famous students include Jessica Brown-Findlay, of Downton Abbey fame, and Drew McOnie, who won the 2016 Olivier Award for Best Theatre Choreographer for his work on In the Heights.
Mr McOnie has also been nominated for the 2017 Olivier Award for Best Theatre Choreographer for Jesus Christ Superstar.
Brief Encounters will be at Tring Park School's Markova Theatre from June 27 to 29 at 7.30pm and at the Shaw Theatre in London on July 2.
Is someone you know about to hit the big time? Email email@example.com