Beers of Europe prepare to raise a toast on Norfolk Day
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A family-run Norfolk business site is getting ready to celebrate Norfolk Day.
Come Norfolk Day on Saturday, July 27, Beers of Europe, The Warehouse Antiques and Collectables and The Steiff Shop in Setchey, near King's Lynn, will all be holding events and encouraging people to celebrate what a wonderful county Norfolk is.
Run by the Clark family and claiming to be Britain's biggest beer shop, from 10.30am on July 27, Beers of Europe will be hosting a special tasting event to showcase Norfolk beers and spirits.
Featuring some of the county's best tipples, among the beers on offer will be Pond Hopper, a golden 5pc ABV beer which has been created especially for Norfolk Day by The Norfolk Brewhouse, in Hindringham and Smarthouse Brewery in Norfolk Virginia, USA.
Next door, The Warehouse Antiques and Collectables, will also be getting involved by offering free antique valuations hosted by Laurence Seaton from Buttercross Auctions in Peterborough.
While The Steiff Shop, located on the same site will be hosting a raffle the proceeds of which will be donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
There will also be a classic car show on site organised by The Motor Hub, performances from Ukulele Folk, refreshments and an ice cream van.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
Amanda Waterfield, marketing manager at Beers of Europe, said: "We are delighted to once again join in with Norfolk Day and help promote not only Norfolk, but a chance to showcase all three businesses on site owned by the Clark family here in Setchey.
"Come along and join us, whether it is getting your treasured antique valued, trying a few free beers/gins at the bar or wandering around our classic car show!"
On Saturday July 27, Beers of Europe, The Warehouse Antiques and The Steiff Shop will be open from 9am until 6pm with events starting from 10.30am.
- A day dedicated to celebrating what a wonderful place our county, Norfolk Day will take place on Saturday, July 27. The aim is to get as many individuals, groups and businesses organising events as possible. To get involved email email@example.com, tweet @norfolk using #NorfolkDay or log on to the Norfolk Day Facebook group.