Beer from Yarmouth based brewery to exclusively appear on trains to London
- Credit: Archant
Train operator Greater Anglia has joined forced with local brewery Lacons to bring a new beer on board its services to London.
Quell, brewed by Lacons in Great Yarmouth, is exclusively available in 330ml cans on Greater Anglia's Intercity Services as of this month.
Quell is an American-style IPA and features Amarillo, mosaic and cascade hops.
Andy Camp, Commercial Director, Greater Anglia, said: 'We are very pleased to be working with Lacons and stocking Quell on board our trains. This will undoubtedly be popular with passengers travelling on our services to London.
'We are committed to improving economic growth across our network and stocking local produce, where possible.
You may also want to watch:
'Greater Anglia uses local suppliers wherever possible. Our region has so much to offer and we currently stock Kettle Chips, Adnams beers, Sponge cakes and locally-sourced granola in our café bars, and our in-house team make fresh cakes and sandwiches every day in Norwich.'
Judi-mae Alderton, Marketing Manager at Lacons, said: 'We are thrilled that Greater Anglia are stocking our beer on their trains – it's a great way for visitors and residents of the region to try some great Anglian beer, brewed on their doorstep in Great Yarmouth. We are also glad to be part of a campaign supporting local produce, just as we do when sourcing ingredients for our beers.'
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing