Beer festival at family-run Wisbech brewery
Wisbech brewery Elgood and Sons is hosting its second annual beer festival next week.
There will be more than 120 beers and ciders from East Anglian Breweries as well as a wide selection of Elgood's own award-winning ales at the festival, which starts on Thursday, September 22 and finishes on Saturday, September 24.
Food will be available throughout each day and there will also be live music from Dr Busker next Thursday and Friday and Bewildered on Saturday evening.
The brewery, situated on North Brink, will open for the festival from noon to 10.30pm on each day.
The brewery decided to host another beer festival following a successful festival last year.
You may also want to watch:
Elgood's is an independent family brewery which has stood on the same site for more than 200 years.
Now run by the fifth generation of Elgoods, who mashed their first brew here in 1878, it represents an important aspect of Wisbech's continuing commercial history.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
The company supplies traditional ales all over Britain and has exported to Finland and America. They also own more than 40 pubs within a 60 mile radius of Wisbech.
Tickets for the beer festival will be available on the door and cost �4.
For further information about the event and brewery contact Lucinda on 01945 583160 or visit www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk.