Beechwood Hotel North Walsham’s strawberry tea raises �2,000 for Breast Cancer Care
A strawberry tea at North Walsham's Beechwood Hotel has raised �2,000 for Breast Cancer Care.
Some 120 guests attended the event, on the hotel's lawns, where they tucked into scones
baked by Beechwood chefs, Norfolk strawberries supplied by local farmers, and tea from Taylor's of Harrogate.
A jazz singer and guitarist entertained, champagne corks were heard to be popping and a grand raffle, with prizes sponsored by Fortnum and Mason of Piccadilly, featured a wicker
hamper packed with food.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Don Birch and Lindsay Spalding, partners at the hotel, and Lyn McLeod, whose husband Rod grew up at the Beechwood in the 1930s when it
was a private house and a doctor's surgery.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
Mr Spalding said it had been an amazing day. 'We have been blessed with fabulous weather and we are delighted to have raised so much money.' He added: 'We would like to thank all those who have supported this event, and Breast Cancer Care'.