Beccles youngster becomes first in Brownie unit to complete all 57 badges
- Credit: 2nd Beccles Brownies
A Beccles youngster has become the first to complete all 57 badges for a local brownies group.
Lauren Carvosso, 10, is the first from the 2nd Beccles Brownies unit to complete all 57 interest badges, and only the forth in the Beccles district.
The Beccles Primary Academy pupil was awarded her final World Traveller badge in front of the castle in Disneyland Paris on her final pack holiday.
Lauren said: 'I really enjoyed the World Traveller badge and wanted it to be the last one that I got because it could be in a very special place and all 24 of us earned it together.
'Not all of the badges were straight forward. I found the Crime Prevention badge quite hard. There was a lot to read and try and understand.I have loved being a Brownie and I want to inspire other girls to do their best and try new things.'
You may also want to watch:
Lauren joined 1st Beccles Rainbows aged five before joining the 1st Beccles Brownies aged seven. She then moved to the 2nd group one year later.
She worked tirelessly for three years to achieve her badges, and it all started with a badge in swimming.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
She has gone on to have many interests becoming a member of the Beccles Kingfishers, Beccles Cricket Club and holds a white and purple belt in Karate.
Last year she completed her first triathlon to fundraise for a Brownie trip.
Sarah Mower who is Brown Owl for 2nd Beccles Brownies said: 'Lauren was understandably thrilled with her achievement and has inspired several of her Brownie friends to work on badges at home. We have loved watching Lauren grow into a confident and intelligent young lady and wish her every success as she moves to Guides although we will all miss her very much.'
If anybody is interested in adding their daughter to the waiting list, Beccles has four well established Brownie units.
The 2nd Beccles group meets on a Monday evening at 6.30pm and those interested should call Sarah Mower on 01502 716710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Do you have a Beccles story? Email email@example.com