Beccles welcomes annual charity bike ride for firefighters
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity bike ride in aid of fire fighters will be staged in Beccles this year.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service's fifth cycle ride in aid of the Fire Fighters Charity will be hosted by the Beccles fire crew this weekend.
Sunday's event, at Beccles Rugby Club, Common Lane, begins at 8am and is open to cyclists of all abilities with routes of 15 miles, 35 miles, 65 miles or 100 miles available.
Event organiser Carolyn Crabb said: 'This is a friendly event that invites every level of rider to set and achieve their own personal or team goals in a fantastic atmosphere.
'Every penny raised will help The Fire Fighters Charity to provide life-enhancing support to fire fighters recovering from injury, illness or psychological trauma.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'This is a great way for local people to thank the everyday heroes who are always there for them, and ensure that the Fire Fighters Charity can continue to provide them with life-changing support when they need it.'
All routes start and end at Beccles Rugby Club, where riders will be rewarded for their efforts with food and refreshment.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
Each route has been chosen to take in the very best of the beautiful rolling countryside and villages that Suffolk has to offer.
Councillor Matthew Hicks, cabinet member for Environment and Public Protection said: 'Suffolk County Council is proud to support the Fire Fighters Charity in holding the Suffolk Fire Ride.
'This is a truly inclusive community event for Suffolk that supports the fantastic work of the Fire Fighters Charity.'
Situated along the River Waveney on the stunning Suffolk and Norfolk border, this year's routes will make their way through the rural lanes and rolling countryside found at the southern tip of the Broads.
Following a refreshment stop in Halesworth, the routes will head towards the heritage coast allowing the riders to take in the picturesque seaside town of Southwold, before heading back inland through the villages to Beccles.
Entry for the Fire Ride is £15 with all proceeds raised going to The Fire Fighters Charity.
For more information visit www.suffolkfireride.co.uk.