New pictures reveal progress of club’s £770,000 3G pitch
- Credit: Archant
A state-of-the-art 3G pitch which will inspire a new generation of footballers is nearing completion.
New pictures of Beccles Town Football Club's facility at The Nest, off Common Lane South, show how the pitch is shaping up.
Contractors moved into the site on October 15 and have been working tirelessly to build the all-weather pitch.
This year marks the club's centenary year and work on the pitch is expected to be completed by the end of next month.
The new pitch will allow footballers to train all year round in a safe environment.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman David Leech said the pitch will be installed next week as work enters the final phase.
He said: 'It's coming on well, the progress has been good. We will be having a big opening when the weather is better.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 9 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
'It's coming at the perfect time with the bad weather the pitches are starting to get unsafe. This provides an option for kids to keep training.'