New pictures reveal progress of club’s £770,000 3G pitch
- Credit: Archant
A state-of-the-art 3G pitch which will inspire a new generation of footballers is nearing completion.
New pictures of Beccles Town Football Club's facility at The Nest, off Common Lane South, show how the pitch is shaping up.
Contractors moved into the site on October 15 and have been working tirelessly to build the all-weather pitch.
This year marks the club's centenary year and work on the pitch is expected to be completed by the end of next month.
The new pitch will allow footballers to train all year round in a safe environment.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman David Leech said the pitch will be installed next week as work enters the final phase.
He said: 'It's coming on well, the progress has been good. We will be having a big opening when the weather is better.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 8 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
'It's coming at the perfect time with the bad weather the pitches are starting to get unsafe. This provides an option for kids to keep training.'