Town Council locks slipway after street floods
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town Council has announced a slipway will be locked after a residential street was flooded.
The boat ramp will be closed after an increased flood risk to properties on Fen Lane, near the River Waveney.
In a statement, Beccles Town Council said: 'Previously, boaters were allowed to remove and replace the flood boards in order to be able to launch their boats, but unfortunately this did not occur on several occasions, so the flood boards are now locked in place.
'We apologise for any inconvenience, but we do need to also consider our neighbours in the area surrounding the quay.'
Any mooring holder wishing to remove their boat will be required to contact the harbour master on 01502 712225 to arrange the access.
You may also want to watch:
Town Clerk, Claire Boyne said: 'Fen Lane does flood and you can get puddles of water when there is a high tide.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft