Beccles South by-election: Graham Catchpole (Conservatives)
Graham Catchpole, of Coney Hill, Beccles, is standing for the Conservative Party.
I have lived and worked in Beccles all my life and resided in Coney Hill for the past 37 years. I have one son and granddaughter and they also live in Beccles South.
The Labour Party candidate thinks living in Kessingland is local, I don't. I believe that councillors should be fully aware of and involved in the area they represent and easily accessible to the people they represent.
I have seen the changes that have taken place in our area, I fully understand the problems and issues that we have. South Beccles is my neighbourhood I know that it needs a strong voice. I will give you that voice.
You may also want to watch:
I have served on Beccles Town Council for the past five years and am proud to represent our town as mayor.
I know that we need more services for young and old alike.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 7 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 10 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
I know about the traffic issues and I am committed to the Southern Relief Road but I am aware that we must prevent the design from creating rat runs through our residential streets.
I ask you to trust me with your vote and allow me to represent you, our neighbourhood, and our town on Waveney District Council.