Beccles South by-election: Alan Green (Labour)
Alan Green, of Fishermans Way, Kessingland, is standing for the Labour Party.
I am pleased to be standing as a Labour candidate, the reason being is that the people of Beccles deserve a strong voice and a fair deal.
Labour campaigned alongside the residents against the closure of the Rigbourne Hill Post office, so now a new Post Office Local will open soon in Chet's store. Tory Council did nothing.
The householders' tip was closed by the Tory council, and now people have to pay �4.50 to use Ellough. This will lead to more fly-tipping, I've seen it already. Money wasted on the Beccles Free School which isn't even in Beccles. The money should have been spent on the local schools like Sir John Lemon. My children attended there and received an excellent education.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk have lost 80 police officers so far when Labour had put record numbers on the beat.
If elected I will also fight for the Beccles Southern Relief Road, to ensure that the money that Suffolk county council gets from the sale of the Dell Care Home site is re-invested in Beccles, and to strengthen Beccles economy by better promotion of tourism. Please vote Labour.
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend