Mobility scooter rider dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A 64-year-old woman who was involved in a collision with a car while on her mobility scooter has died.
The woman suffered a broken hip, cracked vertebrae and cracked ribs in the incident and was rushed to the James Paget Hospital for treatment.
The incident occurred at around 3.40pm on Tuesday October 2 on Gosford Road, Beccles, and involved a green Citroen Xsara Picasso.
After being released from the Gorleston hospital in November, she was readmitted on Tuesday December 4 after becoming unwell at home. She died later the same day.
Suffolk Police enquiries are ongoing and say it cannot be confirmed if her death comes as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward and contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 214 of October 2.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 10 City poised for Maddison cash boost