Beccles man admits indecently assaulting a child
- Credit: Archant
A man has today pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a teenage girl a number of times in north-east Suffolk and Norfolk.
Rodney Scott was arrested at his home address in Beccles in February and subsequently charged with committing indecent assaults on one girl under the age of 16 between 1999-2003 in Beccles in Suffolk and the Hales and Thetford areas of Norfolk.
The 72-year-old retired man from Firfield Close in Beccles initially appeared at Lowestoft Magistrates Court on Tuesday, September 23, after which he was remanded in court custody.
Today he pleaded guilty to eight counts of indecent assault at Ipswich Crown Court and was released on court bail prior to sentencing back at the court on Thursday, November 27.
Investigating officer, Dc Kate Bond, said: 'Suffolk Police takes all allegations of sexual assault seriously and these are fully investigated.
You may also want to watch:
'We work to ensure victims who come forward receive the help and support they need. No matter how much time has passed, if you have been a victim of a sexual assault, it is never too late to report it to us and as this case has demonstrated people can, and will, be held accountable and brought to justice.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE