Beccles gears up for spooktacular pumpkin festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Families will be in for a fright as a spooky festival returns to Beccles this weekend.
The Beccles Pumpkin Festival will be held on 'the green' to the left of Morrisons supermarket off George Westwood Way, on Sunday from 4pm to 8pm.
Thirty corporate pumpkins will be on display carved by local businesses, pubs, clubs and organisations, and during the evening the public will be able to vote for their favourite.
And at 5.45pm, the corporate pumpkins will be auctioned off for visitors to take home for Halloween.
There will also be fancy dress competitions for children and adults with prizes for the winners, a range of stalls and hot food and drink to keep visitors warm. Families are also encouraged to take along their own home-carved pumpkins and enter them into a competition for £1 each.
Admission costs £1 per adult, with accompanied children free, and proceeds will go to cancer charity CLIC Sargent and Beccles Lido.
Free parking will be available at Morrisons.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
For more information visit the Beccles Pumpkin Festival Facebook page.