Beccles gears up for spooktacular pumpkin festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Families will be in for a fright as a spooky festival returns to Beccles this weekend.
The Beccles Pumpkin Festival will be held on 'the green' to the left of Morrisons supermarket off George Westwood Way, on Sunday from 4pm to 8pm.
Thirty corporate pumpkins will be on display carved by local businesses, pubs, clubs and organisations, and during the evening the public will be able to vote for their favourite.
And at 5.45pm, the corporate pumpkins will be auctioned off for visitors to take home for Halloween.
There will also be fancy dress competitions for children and adults with prizes for the winners, a range of stalls and hot food and drink to keep visitors warm. Families are also encouraged to take along their own home-carved pumpkins and enter them into a competition for £1 each.
You may also want to watch:
Admission costs £1 per adult, with accompanied children free, and proceeds will go to cancer charity CLIC Sargent and Beccles Lido.
Free parking will be available at Morrisons.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
For more information visit the Beccles Pumpkin Festival Facebook page.