BECCLES FLOOD UPDATE: Residents prepare for further flooding as warning is issued for Beccles Quay and Geldeston
- Credit: Archant
Sandbags have been placed around homes near Beccles Quay as a further flood warning is issued for tonight.
The river banks around the quay are already badly flooded and signs have been put in place to stop people getting into danger.
In some places it is difficult to see where the river bank starts and ends because the water is so deep.
An update was issued by Suffolk Police at 3pm, warning that both Beccles Quay and Geldeston could be at risk of further flooding.
Police said the floods could affect about ten properties.
You may also want to watch:
The Environment Agency issued a flood warning for the River Waveney from Ellingham Marshes to Belton, earlier today.
The Broads Authority tide tables say that the next high tide at Beccles Quay will be at 3.20am.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit