A quacking day: Race day kicks off for Beccles’ ducks
- Credit: Archant
The sun has come out for a quacking day at the Beccles Duck Race, with hundreds of people flocking to the event.
The weekend event, held at Beccles Quay kicked off on Saturday boasting a range of entertainment for the family and raising money for Jaymen Woolston's treatment- a boy who suffers with high-risk neuroblastoma.
Following yesterday's efforts, the Beccles Duck Race raised £89.63 in collection and tombola, but the total amount is yet to be counted.
Today, the event will host a fun dog show, craft stalls as well as games.
The corporate ducks, raft and small ducks will hit the water at 12.30pm with organisers urging the community to come down in support.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Griggs, organiser of the Beccles Duck Race and Fundraiser Co-ordinator for the Beccles Football Club said: "We have 85 registered for the corporate ducks, we then have the raft race which is four people in each raft, then we have the little ducks to follow," she said.
To donate to Jaymen's treatment, visit the GoFundMe page.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Water outages hit homes across city
- 8 People released from car after crash closes road
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks