A quacking day: Race day kicks off for Beccles’ ducks
- Credit: Archant
The sun has come out for a quacking day at the Beccles Duck Race, with hundreds of people flocking to the event.
The weekend event, held at Beccles Quay kicked off on Saturday boasting a range of entertainment for the family and raising money for Jaymen Woolston's treatment- a boy who suffers with high-risk neuroblastoma.
Following yesterday's efforts, the Beccles Duck Race raised £89.63 in collection and tombola, but the total amount is yet to be counted.
Today, the event will host a fun dog show, craft stalls as well as games.
The corporate ducks, raft and small ducks will hit the water at 12.30pm with organisers urging the community to come down in support.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Griggs, organiser of the Beccles Duck Race and Fundraiser Co-ordinator for the Beccles Football Club said: "We have 85 registered for the corporate ducks, we then have the raft race which is four people in each raft, then we have the little ducks to follow," she said.
To donate to Jaymen's treatment, visit the GoFundMe page.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us