Beccles Duck Race 2011 raises thousands for youth organisations
ORGANISERS of this year's Beccles Duck Race held a presentation evening to thank those who helped with its success.
Held at The Gillingham Swan, organisations thanked everyone who contributed to the �6000 total raised, which will go towards helping nine youth organisations.
Over 80 people attended the evening and were entertained by New World Service, who donated their time for free and made sure the night had a fabulous end to the 2011 event.
Organisers also thanked Colin Crisp and his team, without whom the ducks would not have be able to get into the water, and Lloyds TSB who matched funded four members of staff, who sold ducks on the day, raising a total of �2000. The Lloyds TSB team will be making a return to the event again next year.
Ideas are also being put in place to try and make some of the corporate ducks mechanical.
You may also want to watch:
The 2012 race is provisionally being planned for August bank holiday weekend.
• For all the latest information about Beccles Duck Race keep up-to-date at www.becclesduckrace.org.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies