Still time to join hundreds of cyclists at popular bike ride
- Credit: Archant
Riders still have time to sign up and enter in advance of a popular charity bike ride.
However, the deadline to enter in advance of the Beccles Cycle for Life annual charity ride on May 12 – organised by the Rotary Club of Beccles – will only run to this Saturday, May 4.
As of last weekend there were already more than 100 entries, but those who miss the advance registration deadline can enter on the day at £20 per head or £40 for a family group of four people, or with another £5 for one extra child.
Now in its 18th year, the Beccles Cycle for Life charity ride raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Rotary Club's charitable trust equally.
With the ride suitable for all ages and abilities – as there are five possible distances of eight, 16, 25, 41 and 50 miles – it attracts families and regular cyclists alike.
You may also want to watch:
There are prizes to be won by riders who raise sponsorship, and a certificate for the distance ridden will be offered to all who finish.
This year cycling helmets are compulsory for all who take part.
Visit becclescycleforlife.org for further details.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success