Beccles cricketer Evie Booker, 11, bowled over to win Suffolk player of the year award
- Credit: Sue Booker
With Ashes fever gripping the nation, a young Beccles cricketer is proving she is a leading light in the sport.
Evie Booker, 11 of Grange Road, was bowled over to learn she had been named Suffolk Young Cricketers girls player of the year.
The youngster, who attends to St Felix School, is opening bowler for Suffolk Cricket Club under-11s girls team and was also named player of the year for her age group.
She began playing cricket for Bungay under-9s at just six, before moving to Southwold Cricket Club, where she was spotted and invited to play for the county.
Her mum, Sue Booker, said: 'We are incredibly proud of her. She puts so much effort into her cricket so it was nice for it to be recognised.'
You may also want to watch:
As well as representing her county, Evie is captain of Southwold under-11s, and her mum is hoping her success can inspire more girls to get involved in the sport.
Former England batsman Nick Knight presented her with her award.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns