Community celebrates rising musical stars in the town
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles community has celebrated the musical talents of the area, with the young vocalist and musician of the year.
Aspiring musicians around Waveney performed in the competition at Beccles Public Hall on February 17.
The aim was for them to gain confidence and experience being in front of an audience.
Georgina Stock, Evie Book, Olivier Oldrey and Madhulika Joglekar were all recognised for their vocal skill and talent.
Vocalists Sayomeh Adzaku, Emily Oldman, Roby Armstrong, Maddi Williams and Francis Vaughan were also commended.
You may also want to watch:
For the instrumental section, saxophonists Oscar Cashell, Finty Woold and Stuart Taylor were awarded first, second and third for their performance.
Other musicians were Kirti Suhas, Sophie Wilson, Harvey Ansdell, Isobel Armstrong, Bruce Jackson, Lucy Rainer, Emily Oldman, Charlotte Joseph, Joanne Lin, Elena Ttrent, Myo Zin Han and Joanne Lin.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Rotarian Colleen Simpson, who originally devised the annual event was thanked for her services on the night.