All the fun of the festival
- Credit: Archant
Fun for all the family took centre stage as part of a special day of community activity.
Hundreds of people turned out in Beccles on Sunday, June 9 as part of a special festival event to celebrate the grand depart of this year's OVO Energy Women's Tour.
Two of the teams competing in The Women's Tour - D R O P S and Team TIBCO-Silicon Valley Bank - answered questions ahead of the main event, which hit the startline in Beccles on Monday.
A successful Beccles Triathlon, live music from The Larks, Distant Sun and Cameron Taylor and opportunities to have a go on a mobile skatepark were all enjoyed along with displays from freestyle bike team, Savage Skills, fitness challenges and a variety of stalls.
Norfolk and Waveney's cancer charity, Big C, was crowned as the winner of the best window display competition and Laverne Colk, manager of the Big C charity shop in New Market, Beccles said: "It's absolutely fantastic - all the volunteers are so pleased."
You may also want to watch:
East Suffolk councillor for the Beccles and Worlingham ward, Graham Elliott, got on a bike ahead during the festival and said: "This is a great thing for Beccles, particularly to have the start of the Tour in the town - it is putting Beccles on the map."
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers