Beccles Carnival parade brings party atmosphere to streets of the town
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Were it not for the odd grey cloud in the sky, a visitor to Beccles over the weekend could have been forgiven for thinking they were in Rio de Janeiro.
For a carnival atmosphere filled the air over the weekend, particularly as the annual procession along the roads.
Families lined the streets of the town on Sunday lunchtime as dozens of floats created by businesses and groups from the area brought a sea of colour and a wave of sound.
Setting off from Roy's car park at 1pm, the parade was greeted with cheers and waves as it passed by.
There were floats made up to look like pirate ships, another based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and complete with Oompa Loompas - as well as other colourful, imaginative costumes.
You may also want to watch:
There were also drummers, musicians and dancers, as the procession made its way to the quayside, where the carnival fun continued throughout the day.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation