Beccles Carnival parade brings party atmosphere to streets of the town
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Were it not for the odd grey cloud in the sky, a visitor to Beccles over the weekend could have been forgiven for thinking they were in Rio de Janeiro.
For a carnival atmosphere filled the air over the weekend, particularly as the annual procession along the roads.
Families lined the streets of the town on Sunday lunchtime as dozens of floats created by businesses and groups from the area brought a sea of colour and a wave of sound.
Setting off from Roy's car park at 1pm, the parade was greeted with cheers and waves as it passed by.
There were floats made up to look like pirate ships, another based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and complete with Oompa Loompas - as well as other colourful, imaginative costumes.
There were also drummers, musicians and dancers, as the procession made its way to the quayside, where the carnival fun continued throughout the day.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 4 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call