Eighth Beccles Beer Festival draws crowds for Lido fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
An ever-popular beer festival has returned to Beccles this weekend.
The eighth Beccles Beer Festival took to the town's Public Hall on Friday, with members of the town's council taking on the first shift behind the bar in support of proceedings.
The festival welcomed crowds throughout the weekend, with live music also on offer.
This year, the festival marked the arrival of the first commercial brewery in Beccles in more than 150 years by featuring all three of the new Beccles Brew Co. ales, which only started being produced this summer.
The ales proved so popular, they were the first brewery to sell out on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The festival also featured 30 real ales from across Suffolk and Norfolk, as well as craft lager and cider, as well as an auction of 18 bottles of vintage beer from the 1970s.
Proceeds from the festival will go towards the refurbishment project for Beccles Lido.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab