Calling all triathletes! Town hosts event ahead of cycle tour
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Suffolk town well celebrate health and well-being as they host their own event following the OVO Energy Women's Tour.
To commemorate the first time Beccles will hold the international event, the market town will host a festival on Sunday, June 9.
Beginning at 8.30am, competitors can compete in the Beccles Triathlon ahead of the women's tour on June 10.
They will complete a 480m swim at the Beccles Lido, following by a 12.6 mile cycle through Gillingham, Geldeston, Ditching and through the Waveney Valley, then run 4.1 miles via Beccles Quay.
Once the last triathletes have crossed the finish line, there will also be live music, an opportunity to try out a mobile skate-park, stalls, a mini food market, as well as displays from freestyle bike team.
You may also want to watch:
In its four previous visits to Suffolk, the OVO Energy Women's Tour is estimated to have attracted in excess of 250,000 spectators to the county.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk