Rare butterfly captured resting on flower wins Picture of the Week.
- Credit: Archant
This delightful image of a swallowtail butterfly resting on a flower has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
As the warm weather approaches bees, bugs and butterflies dance in the gentle sunlight to welcome the fresh flowers.
This image was captured by Oulton Broad photographer Rosemarie Barnard, 62, at Strumpshaw Fen on her Canon 100d.
She said: "This was first sighting this year. That butterfly is mostly on the Norfolk and Suffolk boarder.
"I wouldn't want to say how big it was - but they are quite big. That one in particular is one of the largest species."
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Barnard receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures and a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17