Snow way out - Beast from the East continues in West Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures plummet to -4C, the Beast from the East brings more snow chaos in West Norfolk.
Police have warned motorists to take care this morning and to only drive if essential.
Snow drifts are causing issues in and around Hunstanton. Parts of the A149 coast road are clear.
But strong winds are blowing powdery snow causing drifts to form on exposed stretches.
Redgate Hill and Heacham are worst affected by the drifts, which police say are making many rural roads impassable.
Part of the A47 near King's Lynn will be closed later today to allow the removal of a stranded lorry.
Police originally said the stretch between East Winch and West Bilney would be closed at 10am for an hour.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 3 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 7 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 9 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
They later tweeted this was being postponed because of 'higher priority recoveries'.
Many schools across West Norfolk remain closed today due to adverse weather conditions.
Great Northern will be running a full timetable today. with the King's Lynn to London service expected to run on time throughout the day. They have warned commuters to take care on slippery platforms. Updates can be found on the National Rail website.
Passengers may face delays with buses this morning, as a number of Lynx Buses have had to cancel services due to school closures and blocked roads.
A Love West Norfolk event scheduled for today at the Vancouver Quarter has been postponed. Organisers have said the event will be rearranged for later this month.