BBC to bring back classic Delia Smith cooking show over Easter
- Credit: BBC
Wannabe chefs - let's be havin' you!
The BBC have announced they will be opening their archives and adding 50 vintage cookery shows to their online iPlayer this Easter - including Delia Smith's Cookery Course.
Aired in the 1970s, the show covered a range of cookery essentials over ten episodes, with everything from the secrets of casserole cooking to making the perfect pasta on the menu.
It was the programme that saw the 76-year-old chef and Norwich City Football Club shareholder rise to fame.
Other series being brought back include Fanny Cradock Invites You To... A Cheese and Wine Party and Ken Hom's Chinese Cookery.
You may also want to watch:
The tv shows are being resurfaced in order to chart the 'evolution of the nation's tastes' and show how cookery shows have changed.
Delia Smith's Cookery Course will be available on BBC iPlayer form March 31.
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 7 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 9 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 10 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car