BBC Look East forced off-air after fire alarm
- Credit: Archant
BBC Look East was forced off-the-air after the Forum in Norwich, where it is filmed, had to be evacuated after the fire alarm sounded.
Visitors and staff were escorted out at 6.40pm and the broadcast cut to the BBC24 service which was airing Sports Day.
Forum staff returned to the building at 6.50pm but the BBC Look East broadcast did not return as the One Show followed at 7.00pm.
The fire alarm was caused by a faulty fire sensor that had tripped the system.
Viewers took to Twitter in confusion.
One viewer said: 'As Delia once said, where are you? BBC News24 on BBC1 instead of look east.'
BBC Look East eventually took to Twitter to say: 'Sorry about the short Look East tonight – we had to evacuate our building due to a fire alarm. We'll be back at 20.00 on BBC One East.'
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident