What is BBC Countryfile doing in The Broads?
- Credit: Ian Burt
The beauty and wonder of The Broads during winter will soon be enjoyed by the whole nation.
BBC's Countryfile will focus on the Norfolk and Suffolk national park as part of it Winter Special at 6pm on Sunday, February 10.
Broads National Park has shared its excitement on twitter, and said: 'Don't forget to tune into BBC1 tomorrow at 6pm for Countryfile Winter Special where they pay a visit to Thurne Mill, Hickling Broad and learn more about the Wild Watch camera scheme.'
Countryfile presenter Matt Baker recently joined pupils from Great Yarmouth's Catfield C of E Primary School as to shoot a segment for the show about outdoor learning.
Headteacher Natalie Butcher said: 'Outdoor learning is core to the curriculum and ethos in all of our schools and we have found the impact on the children's well being invaluable.
You may also want to watch:
'Children truly shine and show their true potential when given the freedom and time to explore the wonder of their natural environment in the beautiful surroundings that we are located in.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy