Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A man drowned at a Norfolk country park, police have confirmed.
It happened at Bawsey Pits shortly after 4pm on Wednesday, as temperatures in the county hit 30C.
Emergency services were called to the small lake at Bawsey Country Park.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to the scene along with police, fire and paramedics.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue crews from King's Lynn North and South assisted medics at the scene.
However they were unable to revive the man, aged 20, who died at the scene.
Norfolk Police said it was investigating the circumstances surrounding the man's death, and added that his family has been informed.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 6 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 9 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 10 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
There are a number of signs at the park warning visitors to stay out of the water.