Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A man drowned at a Norfolk country park, police have confirmed.
It happened at Bawsey Pits shortly after 4pm on Wednesday, as temperatures in the county hit 30C.
Emergency services were called to the small lake at Bawsey Country Park.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to the scene along with police, fire and paramedics.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue crews from King's Lynn North and South assisted medics at the scene.
However they were unable to revive the man, aged 20, who died at the scene.
Norfolk Police said it was investigating the circumstances surrounding the man's death, and added that his family has been informed.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
There are a number of signs at the park warning visitors to stay out of the water.