Bawdeswell little life-savers learn vital skills
You are never too young to learn how to save lives.
That was the message going out to youngsters at Scribbles Pre-school in Bawdeswell as they became the first pre-schoolers in Norfolk to receive first-aid training from Flat Stan.
The training programme has been designed to be less initimidating than conventional methods, using special manikins and colourful booklets to help young children understand life-saving techniques.
Gary Baugh, training director of FlexiMed Training based in Dereham, visited the pre-school to run the event. He said that learning first aid at a young age is a skill that can save lives.
'Our aim is to not only teach children some basic skills but to give them a positive experience of first aid tuition,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
'Flat Stan is perfectly pitched to do that. The manikin's friendly nature, and the bright colours of the booklets make it appealing to children and easy for them to comprehend.'
Each child was awarded a certificate and a booklet to take home to share with their family.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
Debbie Williams, the manager and owner of the pre-school, said the children loved the training.
'Children are like sponges and watching them absorbing new and interesting subjects is so rewarding. The children have enjoyed pressing the heart and practising talking to an emergency operator on a phone.
'I would recommend this training to any pre-school setting and FlexiMed Training are fantastic!'
Is your school getting some specialist training? Email email@example.com