Battle of the Broads: Who will be crowned the Top Sailing Workplace?
- Credit: Royal Yachting Association
Norfolk workplaces will be battling it out this weekend to be crowned the county's 'Top Sailing Wokplace.'
A regatta at the Norfolk Broads Yacht Club will see 16 teams from across Norfolk competeing against each other for the title.
The teams' preparation for the regatta started six weeks ago, where teams of three from each organisation began training at Whitlingham Adventure in Norwich, Snettisham Beach Sailing Club close to King's Lynn, or Norfolk Broads Yacht Club in Wroxham.
The regatta will consist of a series of relay races before a grand final, the winner of which will win the competition.
One of last year's team members said the event was: 'Great for bonding and team work. Great confidence builder. Nice to try something different. I found it a great stress reliever and relaxing experience. Highly recommend,'
You may also want to watch:
Another said it was: 'A new personal challenge which has led to new skills and a desire to continue in some capacity, plus learning alongside people from other businesses with mixed abilities supporting, encouraging and challenging each other.'
For more information, visit: www.rya.org.uk/go/startboating
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument