Boat sinks after catching fire in the Broads
- Credit: HM Coastguard Bacton
Firefighters and the Coastguard were called to a boat fire in the Broads.
A fire crew from Wroxham and the urban search and rescue unit attended a boat fire in Staithe Road, Barton Turf, at around 11.09am this morning (Sunday, November 18).
Crews used a hand appliance and back pack sprayer to extinguish the fire which also landed on some areas of the bank.
The badly charred Broads cruiser boat was already sinking into the water when the fire crew arrived.
Coastguard teams from Bacton and Winterton, Norfolk Police and the Broads Authority were also at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
In a Facebook post, the Coastguard said: 'The team along with the Broads Authority and police searched the area and was happy that no one was in the area when the boat sank.'
All involved were stood down 3.30pm.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said there were no reported injuries.