Boat sinks after catching fire in the Broads
- Credit: HM Coastguard Bacton
Firefighters and the Coastguard were called to a boat fire in the Broads.
A fire crew from Wroxham and the urban search and rescue unit attended a boat fire in Staithe Road, Barton Turf, at around 11.09am this morning (Sunday, November 18).
Crews used a hand appliance and back pack sprayer to extinguish the fire which also landed on some areas of the bank.
The badly charred Broads cruiser boat was already sinking into the water when the fire crew arrived.
Coastguard teams from Bacton and Winterton, Norfolk Police and the Broads Authority were also at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
In a Facebook post, the Coastguard said: 'The team along with the Broads Authority and police searched the area and was happy that no one was in the area when the boat sank.'
All involved were stood down 3.30pm.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said there were no reported injuries.