Barnardo’s charity shop to reopen in Norwich
- Credit: PA
Barnardo's is reopening its Norwich furniture store following a large scale refit.
The refurbished store, on St Augustine Street, will be unique as it will become the only Barnardo's shop in the country that not only stocks clothes, bric-a-brac, books, DVDs and records but also electrical appliances and furniture for the whole house.
It will also have access to a large van which can make deliveries and collections in the area.
Barnardo's area business manager, Andy Burr, said: 'We are very excited to have such a fantastic store opening in Norwich and the only store of its kind in the country. We hope to see lots of people on our first day for the entertainment we are putting on.
'All money raised through Barnardo's shops goes towards supporting disadvantaged children, young people and families.'
You may also want to watch:
The store will reopen at 9am on Saturday June 24 with fancy dress, face painting, and many other attractions.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns