WATCH: Extent of huge barn fire damage revealed
- Credit: Archant
These pictures show the extent of damage caused to a barn after a fire tore through it.
Fire crews from across west Norfolk were called to the blaze in Rhoon Road, Terrington St Clement, at midday on Saturday, March 7.
Teams from King's Lynn, Sandringham, Heacham, Terrington, a water carrier from Fakenham and an aerial platform from Earlham battled to bring it under control.
At about 2pm the scale of the operation was scaled down but crews remained on scene until 9pm that evening checking for hot spots and damping the building.
A fire spokesman said that teams from King's Lynn and Sandringham were back at the barn on Sunday to check structural safety.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while emergency services were on scene with King's Lynn police warning motorists to avoid the area.
Did you see the fire? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time