Barn dance in Garboldisham raises thousands in cash
- Credit: Archant
Quick footed fundraisers have danced the night away to raise more than £4,000 for a local hospice.
Dance in a Barn was held at Lyng Farm Barn in Garboldisham and saw 161 guests enjoying themselves and raising £4,042.18 for St Nicholas Hospice Care in the process.
This was the second time the event had been held in aid of the hospice, with funds raised through ticket sales, bar, raffle and donations, after organisers Catherine Gooderham, Dianne Thorrold and Lynn Dolder covered all of the May 18 event's expenses.
Mrs Godderham said: 'We would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported us.
'Without the help of so many we would not have been able to hold the event. The support we have received really has been fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
'We wanted to beat last year's fundraising amount of £3,400, but to get to more than £4,000 was a great surprise.'
As well as some energetic dancing, the event, which had sold out by April, featured music from the Muppits, a hog roast, as well as a raffle with some amazing prizes.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Have you got a story for the Mercury? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01379 651153.