Barclays bank opening hours changing in Cromer and Sheringham
- Credit: PA
A pair of Barclays bank branches will be closing one day a week early next year because of a decline of customers using the branches.
The Cromer and Sheringham offices will permanently close on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively, from February 2.
A Barclays spokesman said staff from the two towns would work at busier offices on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Terry Staff, community leader for Barclays Norfolk and Suffolk, said: 'The way customers interact and undertake their banking is changing as people are increasingly moving away from traditional branches and using online, telephone and mobile devices for everyday transactions.
'While branches are still an important part of our business they must reflect how and when our customers are choosing to visit us.
You may also want to watch:
'At both Cromer and Sheringham branches, we have experienced a decline in customer usage and we have therefore made the decision to change our opening hours.'
After February, branch managers will be able to use their discretion on days which would normally be closed for particular events including carnivals and Christmas late night celebrations.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
The Cromer and Sheringham branches will remain open between 9.30am-4.30pm during the rest of the working week after February 2.