Barclays to close town centre bank branch
- Credit: Google StreetView
One of only two remaining bank branches in Aylsham is closing.
Barclays has said its Market Place branch will shut its doors on January 11 next year, meaning customers will have to travel to the next nearest branches in Hoveton, Taverham or Holt.
A spokesman said the decision was not an easy one, but that there had been a "sustained fall in branch visits across the UK".
He said: “This is reflected at the Aylsham branch where there has been an 8pc reduction in cash counter transactions in the two years to March 2020.
"In addition, 81pc of our customers at the branch are also using different ways to bank.
“We will work with our customers and provide alternative options to ensure they can continue to manage their money and receive financial expertise when required.”
Barclays said branch employees would be offered alternative roles elsewhere.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
They said only 104 regular customers used the branch exclusively for their banking.