Bar invites late-night customers to Give a Quid on bank holiday
- Credit: Archant
Customers at a Norwich bar will be invited to donate spare cash to children's charities this weekend.
Bar and Beyond on Prince of Wales Road will host a Give a Kid a Quid appeal throughout the bank holiday weekend.
The money will go towards the Echo Trust, set up by late night bars and clubs operator The Deltic Group to award grants to local children's charities.
Since it was established in 2002 the Echo Trust has raised more than £2.5m and supported a variety of causes ranging from medical equipment for children and young adults to charity groups.
Lauren Gifford, general manager, said: 'Give a Kid a Quid is a simple way to raise a lot of money that will transform the lives of young people in our community.
You may also want to watch:
'Our customers always respond generously to appeals for help and I am sure they will once again show how much they care.'
The Deltic Group employs 3,000 people across 54 venues.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17