Banned driver arrested near Lowestoft for being almost FIVE TIMES over alcohol limit
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a driver who was almost five times over the limit.
He blew 159mg when breathalised - the legal limit for alcohol is 35mg.
The man was pulled over at Corton, near Lowestoft last night, after police received a call about his manner of driving.
'Tip off about a driver under the influence,' one traffic cop tweeted. 'Arrested for drink and disqualified driving after the same offence in January.'
A colleague added: 'Unfortunately you have read that correct, 159ugs. Over 4.5 times the limit. Totally unacceptable, fortunate no body was hurt.'
You may also want to watch:
The arrest came less than a week after police launched their annual summer campaign against drink and drug driving.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
MORE - Police launch summer drink and drug drive campaign