Banned driver arrested near Lowestoft for being almost FIVE TIMES over alcohol limit
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a driver who was almost five times over the limit.
He blew 159mg when breathalised - the legal limit for alcohol is 35mg.
The man was pulled over at Corton, near Lowestoft last night, after police received a call about his manner of driving.
'Tip off about a driver under the influence,' one traffic cop tweeted. 'Arrested for drink and disqualified driving after the same offence in January.'
A colleague added: 'Unfortunately you have read that correct, 159ugs. Over 4.5 times the limit. Totally unacceptable, fortunate no body was hurt.'
You may also want to watch:
The arrest came less than a week after police launched their annual summer campaign against drink and drug driving.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
MORE - Police launch summer drink and drug drive campaign